Open call: Equality platform for the energy sector
On the 17th August the European Commission (EC) launched a call for action to stakeholders in the energy sector who would be interested to become members of a new platform on equality in the energy sector. The “Equality platform for the energy sector” will be established in October, therefore the European Commission calls on organizations, governments, private sector, universities and civil society to join. With this platform, the Commission aims to bring together energy stakeholders in their commitment towards equality and offer a forum to discuss and exchange good practices for diverse and inclusive workplaces.
The European Commissioner for Energy, Kadri Simson will officially launch the platform at the European Union Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) on 25th October 2021.
Registration to the EUSEW will open on 7th September 2021.
The Commission is asking for applications for membership from any stakeholder in the EU energy sector that:
- has taken action to improve equality in their area of activity or business
- wishes to share experiences and be at the forefront of change in the energy sector
- wants to create innovative approaches and develop inclusive and diverse environments that support progress
To join, applicants should send an e-mail to ENER-EQUALITY@ec.europa.eu which contain:
- the e-mail subject should be “Equality platform – reply to the call to action”
- the body of the email should include a description of the actions implemented to promote equality in the organisation’s activities
- the applicant should include information showing that those actions are SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.